You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded.
To the question, “Why me?” the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, “Why not?”
Atheist: Natural Morals, Real Meaning, Credible Truth

25 February, 2011

Fwd: Liz

Begin forwarded message(s):
On Nov 23, 2010, at 2:03 PM, George wrote:

Hi Tom,
When does Liz get her Master's?
She sent me some pictures of your new stairs. Very nice. Hope you are surviving home ownership...

George

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 14:38:59 -0800


To: George

She keeps claiming that she'll be done on 14 Dec but that is just when classes are done. I'll have to find out when she "walks" or gets the sheepskin.

This house will kill me.
It is evil.
It has Liz under it's control.
I fear that it will make her smother me in my sleep.

Tom

Subject: RE: Liz
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 02:23:02 +0000

Sounds like a Stephen King novel. Cindy was crazed when we bought our house in San Jose. She still cries over selling it. I will never buy another house for as long as I live.

Let me know when she gets her diploma. My sister and my parents would not believe this. Liz really changed her life, something that many of us talk about but very few do.
George

On Feb 25, 2011, at 8:59 AM, George Vadney wrote:
Tom,
I hope you are still alive and Liz has not smothered you in your sleep. I wanted to wait until she graduated before we told her our gift, but Liz pushed me by being too worried about paying us back. We hope this helps the stress level for you 2.
George
Subject: Re: Liz
I am ok. The house tried to knock her off instead, she slipped and busted her butt on the driveway after going down the stairs we put in to keep her from breaking her neck.

I kept trying to figure out when she walks, I am still confused, it appears there are three events, one informal one in her school's office (April), one formal one for just her school (May), and then the general graduation for the university at Spartan Stadium (May). She only wants to do the informal one, typical for her.

This is an amazing gift that greatly relieves our stress level. :-) I'd gush more about it if I didn't think you'd roll your eyes at me. Having not known the Liz before, I don't know the change. But I am really proud of who she is and what she does, the stubborn effort she put into getting this done (you have no idea what it took to get through the math) and the amazing things she does for her kids in her class. Her former boss who retired last year flies and works with me at the airport in Watsonville. After she retired and could talk to me, she told me that Liz orchestrates her classroom full of kids and aides into a calm world of work and learning, can look a parent in the eyes and tell them what their child needs, and can find a way to make progress with the most difficult students. Your gift will do a lot of good.
Thanks to you both!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment