20 April, 2018
21 July, 2017
30 January, 2017
Fought with conservatives about Trump’s Holocaust Remembrance Day immigration ban. Why is it that conservatives don’t get that ethnic, religious, sexual discrimination is unconstitutional? What is so incomprehensible about it?
How is it a good idea to ban immigration from these countries at all anyway? What threat does refugees from here pose? No terrorist attack in this country has been committed by a refugee from these countries. Instead our troops are at higher risk because we are reneging on hope and promises for those in the region that they can escape in return for the help they gave us. People are getting screwed, it could be people die. So the question is, how many more terrorists did Trump create with this ban? Nothing new here. Our name is further trashed internationally. Russia laughs at us. Who knows what China is thinking?
What a fuck up Trump is.
One web site I read thinks this is all testing of the waters for a coup d'état in US government, where would resistance come from, give an idea who would support such a thing. I think that’s farfetched but the testing goes on. Is the administration going to back down in the face of court orders? Trump fucking better. What is disturbing is that the Department of Homeland Security seems to be following unconstitutional orders without question.
26 January, 2017
Fascism doesn't play by the rules. It subverts them to gain power and then eliminates them completely. There's no freedom of speech under fascism, there's no democratic process, no freedom of press, no politely disagreeing about political views...
Fascism abuses our cherished and most fundamental values and turns them into fatal flaws. If you play by the rules against fascism, you die by the rules.
Fascism is also inherently violent.
Join (Organization who will go to court or help elect who you want.)
- Planned Parenthood - https://www.plannedparenthood.org/
- American Civil Liberties Union https://www.aclu.org/
- Union of Concerned Scientists http://www.ucsusa.org/
- Southern Poverty Law Center (good civil rights org but they pissed me off)
- Emily’s List http://www.emilyslist.org/
- Freedom From Religion Foundation https://ffrf.org/
Subscribe (A free press supported by readers is needed to keep tabs on Trump.)
- Washington Post - https://www.washingtonpost.com/
- The Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news
- Slate - http://www.slate.com/
Call (Tell your congress person what you think, what you want.)
- Senator Feinstein and Harris - https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=CA
- House Representative - http://www.house.gov/representatives/#state_ca
- (Calling is easy… State one sentence of what you want, they’ll ask you your zip code and maybe name.)
- (“Hi, I’d like to register my opposition to Senator Sessions being confirmed as Attorney General.” They ask your name and zip. Done)
Follow activists on Twitter and Facebook
Comment on Facebook and Twitter, don’t be silent.
Comment on news articles. You’ll get criticized and called names but f—k them.
March. Trumpie didn’t like the bigger crowd after his big day.
There is a March for Science coming up soon.
There will be immigration marches.
25 January, 2017
President Tr…. erp… gulp… <gag> … Tru… <cough> <gag> <cough>
I can’t say it. The baby handed manbaby took the oath of office last Friday and the real horror show has begun. EPA scientists silenced. A wall has been ordered. Extreme vetting discussed. Funding for any organization that is connected or mentions abortion is banned. The killing of women has begun. The martial speech was horrifying. Somehow crime will now end. ISIS will now somehow be destroyed.
And all the news about Putin’s influence has disappeared for the moment. The DNC has no leadership.
The fascism of this administration is hardly hidden anymore.
The whining about how bigly his inauguration crowd was compared to 2009 Obama’s. The man is a child. The lying continues, the sheep are lapping it up.
The Supreme Court pick is coming out next week. I can’t imagine what this horror is going to bring. It may be good that I watch zombie shows and movies, I’m somewhat prepared for dystopia.
The day after the inauguration Liz and I marched with 30,000 other people in San Jose. A couple of million around the world. That was good. The things to do in response to this cluster fuck are: Join ACLU, UCS, Planned Parenthood, Emily’s List. Subscribe to good journalism because we need that more than ever now; Slate, NYTimes, Washington Post, The Guardian, NPR.
The rage at this isn’t going away. Rage at the DNC and Debbie Wasserman-Shultz, Sanders supporters, Sanders, Clintons, Lynch, Comey, Assuange/Putin/Wikileaks. All still there. I can’t believe this happened.
11 November, 2016
At myself for allowing myself to be swayed by polls in an unconventional election.
At pollsters being so sure of themselves in an unconventional election.
At the third party voters who needed to make a point.
At all who could have voted and didn't.
At Putin or whoever was feeding Assange his bullshit.
At Assange for fucking with our election with bullshit that DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER for his personal gain and ego.
At FBI Director Comey for whatever the fuck he thought he was doing.
At Clinton for being uninspiring to too many in the south, especially Florida where she had to win.
At whites across the country voting out of fear and greed for a rapist, lying, fraud who doesn't give a flying fuck about anybody but himself.
At the GOP who are going to use their power to try to fuck over millions of people on health care, civil rights, and a future of climate change disasters to support greed, fear, and religious bullshit.
What I expected:
20 October, 2016
Your arguments are thin. Your ignorance of reality is shocking. Your double-standards are offensive, and your willingness to blindly support him and recycle the rhetoric is absurd. Your opinion is not fact. Your memes are not news articles. And your hypocrisy is not a platform."
- Alex Schiller
06 October, 2016
31 July, 2016
27 July, 2016
26 July, 2016
2. She has the experience required to be President acquired as Secretary of State, US Senator, and even as First Lady. She is qualified.
3. Her policies as Secretary of State more closely correspond to my own. Combating terrorism requires thoughtful and coordinated response. Open indiscriminate warfare against terrorism will not end it, it will breed more, as has been demonstrated by decades of Israeli/Palestinian conflict as only one example.
4. She has reversed position on TPP. That means she can listen to dissent, to the other side of argument, make reasoned positions and correct them when necessary.
5. She recognizes that tax cuts for the wealthy and spending cuts that cost jobs do not create jobs. People with money to spend do, particularly a healthy middle class.
6. She is pro-choice.
7. She objects to the Hobby Lobby decision that says religious corporations can avoid paying health care insurance costs.
8. She objects to the decision that removed voting rights protections.
9. She objects to the Citizens United decision that makes unrestrained spending of money on elections free speech.
10. She supports the marriage equality decision and objects to the other “religious freedom” bigotry sweeping through local governments.
11. She recognizes the need for national gun control laws and regulation.
12. She will likely be in position to select three Supreme Court justices. Her selections will better align with my views and the views of the majority of the people of this country.
13. Benghazi is not an issue. There was no “stand down” order. That was established through millions of dollars of Congressional investigation.
14. She has the personality to remain calm, to assess, and to respond intelligently to crisis.
15. People say she is a genuinely nice person one-on-one.
16. She is not running for President for personal glory.
Sure, she isn’t perfect. Her laugh makes me cringe sometimes but this isn’t a personality contest.
Nearly every one of these points is counter to Trump/Pence.
Voting for Hillary is easy for me.