You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded.
To the question, “Why me?” the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, “Why not?”
Atheist: Natural Morals, Real Meaning, Credible Truth

28 June, 2009

Moffett Field Young Eagles Rally



Said and I flew over to Moffett Field in Mountain View on Saturday to participate in the EAA Chapter 62 Young Eagles Rally there. 258+ kids were given airplane rides by 29 pilots in their planes. Many happy faces. EAA 62 did a great job and I have to thank AOPA insurance for their help getting the insurance paperwork out for several of the pilots to be able to fly at this event on short notice. It went well for me and those I talked to. The appreciation from the parents was pretty gratifying. I usually tell them it is my pleasure and probably the only meaningful use I have for my expensive hobby. Showing kids the world from above and that someone like them can fly an airplane is very meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment