You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded.
To the question, “Why me?” the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, “Why not?”
Atheist: Natural Morals, Real Meaning, Credible Truth

21 September, 2008

I got it!


The space station flew overhead this evening and I tried to set up to photo it. I had the star chart all set and planned where to shoot it. It was going to go right by the center star of Cygnus. But at 7:22 pm. I thought it would be darker. I could barely see Deneb at 7:20 and Liz could see it coming. Crap. I had set the focus on Jupiter so decided to do the best I could tracking it with the finder scope and firing the shutter whenever it was in the field of view. I had the shutter release in my hand while I was guiding the telescope and camera. I fired off over 60 shots. At ISO 1600 and 1/2000 shutter speed, I guess the motion of me moving everything didn't matter too much.

Cannon XTi mounted on a 1540mm Maksutov-Cassegrain (5 inch) telescope.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment