You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded.
To the question, “Why me?” the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, “Why not?”
Atheist: Natural Morals, Real Meaning, Credible Truth

08 April, 2003

I didn't realize is was so long since I last wrote. The war is going well from the military side. The damn fanatics are killing a lot of people in order to... what? I don't understand them. Do they really think they can win by hiding behind innocents? At this rate it looks like a couple of hundred US soldiers will die although I don't think the toll has gone over a hundred yet. They dropped some more bombs on Saddam again and this time there is some hope we got him. That would be cool. No grief over his loss. I do seem to agree with Bush on one thing, I don't think the UN needs to play a big role in governing Iraq. If I can believe Rumsfield I think we can get control back to the Iraqis faster than the UN. Of course that means the French and Russians may get rooked out of their oil contracts which I think is why they opposed the whole war to begin with. The Arab world is still pissed at us and I still fear that. I only hope that we do what we say and get the Iraqi people what they need and that no civil war erupts. Also that we get out of Iraq in a reasonable manner and don't appear to be controling anything. Like religion in the region. I really wish the Christian missionaries all poised to go "help" could be kept out. That is one factor the region doesn't need. I just woke up and need to get some breakfast. Then take a walk?

No comments:

Post a Comment