1. The email “scandal” is not an issue. She has admitted the private server was a mistake. The FBI had no indication that she intended to compromise classified information. Intent is 9/10ths of that law. By Presidential decree in 2009, the heads of the State Dept, Defense Dept, and CIA define what is and isn’t classified in their departments. As Secretary of State, by definition, anything she wrote unclassified is by definition unclassified. Conflict with other departments to be adjudicated by the President. Fact. That’s the way classified information works. The FBI’s opinion on the subject stopped at opinion. They had no evidence of a crime. Unintentional negligence is not a crime.
2. She has the experience required to be President acquired as Secretary of State, US Senator, and even as First Lady. She is qualified.
3. Her policies as Secretary of State more closely correspond to my own. Combating terrorism requires thoughtful and coordinated response. Open indiscriminate warfare against terrorism will not end it, it will breed more, as has been demonstrated by decades of Israeli/Palestinian conflict as only one example.
4. She has reversed position on TPP. That means she can listen to dissent, to the other side of argument, make reasoned positions and correct them when necessary.
5. She recognizes that tax cuts for the wealthy and spending cuts that cost jobs do not create jobs. People with money to spend do, particularly a healthy middle class.
6. She is pro-choice.
7. She objects to the Hobby Lobby decision that says religious corporations can avoid paying health care insurance costs.
8. She objects to the decision that removed voting rights protections.
9. She objects to the Citizens United decision that makes unrestrained spending of money on elections free speech.
10. She supports the marriage equality decision and objects to the other “religious freedom” bigotry sweeping through local governments.
11. She recognizes the need for national gun control laws and regulation.
12. She will likely be in position to select three Supreme Court justices. Her selections will better align with my views and the views of the majority of the people of this country.
13. Benghazi is not an issue. There was no “stand down” order. That was established through millions of dollars of Congressional investigation.
14. She has the personality to remain calm, to assess, and to respond intelligently to crisis.
15. People say she is a genuinely nice person one-on-one.
16. She is not running for President for personal glory.
Sure, she isn’t perfect. Her laugh makes me cringe sometimes but this isn’t a personality contest.
Nearly every one of these points is counter to Trump/Pence.
Voting for Hillary is easy for me.